Hydrotherapy, is physiotherapy which takes place in a pool under the supervision of a trained physiotherapist.
It can speed up your recovery by:
- Reducing pain and muscle spasms
- Improves and maintains joint range of movement
- Strengthens weak muscle groups
- Increases physical fitness and functional tolerances
- Re-educates normal movement patterns
- Improves balance
- Improves co-ordination
- Improves posture
- Stimulates circulation
Why choose Hydrotherapy?
Being in the water is ideal for balance training, and therefore assists with the prevention of falls.
During sessions we can maintain and improve general mobility and everyday functional tasks, as well as gentle exercise for general fitness.
It can be beneficial for conditions such as arthritis, and can speed up recovery after joint replacement surgery to restore movement and function, as well as confidence and independence.
Further Information about Hydrotherapy:
Spasticity can be helped by warm water, allowing facilitation of movement and can increase patient comfort.
Core strength and balance are key to restoring functional abilities in brain and spinal cord injury. Hydrotherapy can provide supported and challenging exercises to rehabilitate these mechanisms.
These can be acute or ongoing problems, and we understand the importance of preventing future injuries as a important component of your rehabilitation.
Hydrotherapy can be effective for ligament sprains, achilles tendon injuries, fractures, ACL and PCL knee injuries, and for post- operative rehabilitation to restore strength and function.
The benefits of hydrotherapy for sports injuries include the following:
- Easing pain and swelling.
- Improving movement and strength.
- Encourages healing and improves circulation.
- Relaxation of sore muscles.
- Maintenance of fitness levels, allowing you to start exercising sooner after injury.
Safety is paramount with non-slip floors, hoist and stretchers making access into the pool safe and efficient.
We use two hydrotherapy pools:
Bristol Rd S,
|Penn Fields School