What is Injection Therapy?
Hydrocortisone injections (steroid injections) are given to help relieve pain and swelling. They can also make movement easier and their benefits can last for several months.
What conditions are injections useful for?
An injection can be very effective for a range of conditions including:
- Shoulder pain including Frozen Shoulder
- Tennis Elbow or Golfers Elbow
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Trigger Finger/Trigger Thumb
- deQuervains Tenosynovitis
- Joint osteoarthritis including knees/thumbs
- Trochanteric Bursitis (hip pain)
Will I need repeat injections?
If you find the injection helpful; a repeat maybe appropriate. This would be performed after a certain amount of time and depend on the type of injection and condition.
Generally, injections provide an opportunity for you to re-engage in your physiotherapy rehabilitation. Further physiotherapy support can be arranged as appropriate.
What type of injections does our service offer?
We offer the following:
- Steroid injections
- Ostenil (hyaluronic acid) injections-these are an alternative to steroid injections for some patients with osteoarthritis who are keen to keep moving and active.
The injecting Physiotherapist will discuss with you during your assessment the most appropriate injection for your condition.
How much Does it Cost?
Injections start from £150-00 depending on what you require. Following a thorough assessment, the clinician will be able to advise you on the exact cost of the injection. If it is decided that an injection is not an appropriate intervention for you, then you will be only charged the assessment fee.
For further information about Injection therapy for Musculoskeletal pain please visit: www.arthritisresearchuk.org and search local steroid injection.